Pain management & recovery
Yes. Childbirth hurts. But we’ll get you through it in a way that makes sense for you and your family. Anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs) are available 24-hours a day to help you through your childbirth experience.
- Learn about your pain medicine options
Pain management is a common part of recovering from childbirth.
- Your care team at The Mother Baby Center will help you manage your pain so you can have the best results during your recovery. Information about pain management while you're in the hospital.
- The Penny George Institute for Health and Healing offers integrative therapy services to new moms before, during and after delivery. These services include acupuncture, massage, relaxation techniques, guided imagery and more.
- As you get ready to return home, we'll give you the information you need to continue pain management. Information about what to expect as your body recovers is at allinahealth.org/pregnancy.
Recovery from childbirth can extend for weeks, and even months. If you are experiencing severe pain or emotional symptoms, seek the care of your doctor or health care provider.
- Visit allinahealth.org/pregnancy for tips on when to call your health care provider.