High risk pregnancy & Genetic counseling
High-risk pregnancy care
Through The Mother Baby Center's maternal fetal care program, comprehensive care is available to pregnant women with high-risk diagnoses and obstetric concerns. Our team of specialists is led by perinatologists. Those high-risk pregnancy care experts coordinate your care from before childbirth through delivery. You may be referred to a perinatologist (a pregnancy doctor with training in caring for high-risk pregnancies) if you:
- are pregnant with more than one baby
- are 35 or over
- have had significant problems with previous pregnancies
- have a health problem or develop a health problem that may worsen during pregnancy (such as gestational diabetes)
- have a baby diagnosed with a medical condition that requires special care.
Minnesota Perinatal Physicians has provided high-risk pregnancy care for women in the five-state region. Our perinatologists care for mothers and their babies, while they are in utero (in the womb).
- Meet our perinatologists
- For more about one of the largest perinatal practices in the nation, go to allinahealth.org/MNperinatal
Midwest Fetal Care Center experts diagnose and treat potentially life-threatening conditions in babies before they are born. Our fetal surgeons are skilled in procedures such as fetal transfusion for anemia, fetal surgery for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome and more.
Minnesota Perinatal Physicians provides genetic testing and counseling services for families who have had trouble getting pregnant or complications with previous pregnancies.