what to pack
As you pack, keep in mind the amenities offered in The Mother Baby Center.
Please also be aware:
- During your stay, all necessary supplies for a mother's after-care will be provided, including Tucks® hemorrhoidal pads, water bottles, etc.
- Laboring tools that will be available in the labor & delivery rooms include birthing balls, peanut balls, birthing bars and birthing mirrors.
- While your baby is in the hospital, all necessary supplies will be available, including diapers, wipes and linens. The Mother Baby Center will supply a pacifier, newborn diapers and baby hat for your infant. You should bring along a change of clothes for the baby, blankets and other items determined by the temperature and the season.
- Typically, when a woman is in the hospital after delivering a baby, she will get a prescription from her doctor for a breast pump that she can take home.
- Allina Health HOME will deliver the pump to your room or your home, depending on when you're discharged from the hospital.
- Allina Health HOME carries two electric breast pumps—one for purchase and one for rental. In our experience, these breast pumps are covered by many insurers.
- If you have additional questions, please feel free to call Allina Health HOME directly at 651-628-4800 or 1-800-737-4473.