The Mother Baby Center at abbott northwestern and Children's minnesota
Allina Health metro hospital nurse negotiations
The union representing the Allina Health metro hospital nurses issued a strike, starting Monday, Sept. 5. While Allina Health continues to negotiate a fair contract, you can rely on Allina Health to provide you and your loved ones safe, quality care. If you have any questions about your care, please talk with your health care provider. Learn more.
See the space
The strike starting Sept. 5, issued by union representing the Allina Health metro hospital nurses, will impact tours. Please call 1-866-904-9962 for more information.
- Once you pull into The Mother Baby Center, you can follow the roundabout to the main entrance for drop off, or you can park in the Blue/26th Street visitor ramp (to the right of the main entrance).
- Families and visitors may park in the Blue/26th Street visitor ramp adjacent to The Mother Baby Center. From there, take the South elevators to the first floor and walk outside to the main entrance.
- Discount ramp exit tickets and temporary parking permits are available to purchase at the Children’s Hospital cashier on the second floor or at Abbott Northwestern Hospital’s Valet Parking Office, located in the main entrance lobby. Hours are Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Use the dedicated entrance in front of The Mother Baby Center for dropping off expecting moms or visitors. Use this entrance once you have parked.
- The front lobby has a concierge to greet and direct you to the third floor for admitting and registration.
- Expecting moms should check in at the desk across from the elevators on the third floor. The front lobby has a concierge to greet and direct you to third floor for admitting and registration.
Security at The Mother Baby Center is top priority. That's why we take precautions to ensure the safety of you and your family.
- After the birth, the baby is fitted with a security bracelet (to provide identification) and tracking device (to ensure security) that match similar devices on the parents.
- Security personnel and 24-hour security camera monitoring help everyone feel safe and sound.
If you or your unborn child experience complications that may require special medical attention, services are available to ensure that you arrive safely and quickly to The Mother Baby Center.
- In an emergency, always call 9-1-1.
- For non-emergency medical transportation, call Allina Health Emergency Medical Services at 651-222-0555. Learn more about these services.
Breastfeeding & lactation, high risk pregnancy & genetic counseling, home health, integrative care, Midwest Fetal Care Center, neonatal care, newborn care, NICU follow up, pain management, post-partum services, reproductive medicine, social services, and wound care.
If you are interested in a career at The Mother Baby Center, jobs will be posted either on the Allina Health/Abbott Northwestern website or on the Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota website.
A variety of opportunities are available through the Volunteer departments of Abbott Northwestern and Children's Minnesota. Abbott Northwestern's Volunteer Department can be reached at 612-863-4281. Children's Volunteer Department can be reached at 612-813-6200.
The Mother Baby Center
902 East 26th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Non-emergency medical transport: 651-222-0555