Visiting hours & guidelines
General visiting hours end at 8 p.m.
Parents and siblings of newborns are welcome to visit anytime; other family and friends should visit during visiting hours.
To help create a safe and welcoming environment, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult in all areas. Please remember: Visiting children are the responsibility of the adult member/caretaker of the family. Visiting hours and guidelines do change.
In the best interest of your friend or relative, please follow these guidelines. If you need additional information, just check with the nurse on duty in the unit.
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere on the hospital campus.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than four visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time.
- People with colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- All visitors are asked to follow hand-hygiene procedures by washing hands or using the antibacterial foam provided throughout the hospital.
The Mother Baby Center staff members are trained to respect the confidentiality of all patients by not discussing medical and family issues with other patients and families. We ask that you also respect the privacy of other patients and their families by not discussing their medical care with others.
Only Mylar balloons are allowed at The Mother Baby Center. Latex balloons are not allowed because of the potential choking danger if balloons are chewed or swallowed by young children. Some individuals also have latex allergies. We thank you for your help with this safety issue.