The Mother Baby Center supports the health, safety and well being of all families. Our clinical social workers provide these services to help patients and families cope with physical, emotional and social issues and concerns:
- Crisis intervention
- Short-term counseling to patient and families to assist them with emotional and psychological distress
- Supportive counseling for patients and families in adjusting to a new diagnosis or chronic illness
- Addressing issues of family violence and abuse
- Grief, loss and bereavement care
- Advocacy for children and families
- Information and referral to hospital and community resources
- Financial resources
- Consulting with the medical team to ensure that the patient and family needs are recognized
Ask your health care provider for a referral to a social worker if you have needs.
If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, addiction or other mental health difficulties, please consider the resources at allinahealth.org/mentalhealth.