Parenting tools & classes
The birth of your baby is the perfect time to reassess your health, your daily living habits and lifestyle. Are you ready to take the steps necessary to ensure that you nurture your baby from infancy to adulthood in a safe, secure and healthy home? Here are some ways to start:
- Select a health care provider to continue regular check-ups and your annual physical and to support your preventive health measures.
– Allina health care providers
– Children's health care providers
- Protect your child from secondhand smoke; if you smoke, quit.
- Schedule wellness checks for your baby and the entire family.
– Allina well checkups/primary care
– Children's well checkups/primary care
- Encourage reading and a healthy, active lifestyle for you and your child.
- Make healthy, nutritious food choices for you and your family.
- Consider parenting classes for support and interaction with other parents and families. Check out parenting class options.
Childbirth preparation class
As you get ready for labor and delivery, we urge you and your partner to attend childbirth preparation classes. You will learn breathing and relaxation techniques that can enhance the progress of labor and reduce your pain and fears. Search and sign up for childbirth classes.
A new mom or a seasoned mom? Learn what to expect in every stage or take a refresher course. Classes for dads, partners, siblings and others are available, too. See what we have to offer at allinahealth.org/pregnancycare.