Pain Management and Integrative Medicine
At The Mother Baby Center, you have choices when it comes to managing pain during labor and deliver.
- You may choose natural childbirth, relying on breathing and relaxation techniques to support you through labor and delivery. Learn about breathing and relaxation techniques at allinahealth.org/pregnancy.
- You may plan for pain medicine, such as an epidural. Learn about medicines for labor pain at allinahealth.org/pregnancy.
- You might consider integrative medicine techniques like acupuncture, guided imagery or massage for relaxation and comfort.
Integrative medicine therapies are available to support you throughout labor and delivery. After childbirth, methods like infant massage can foster closeness with your baby.
- The Mother Baby Center works with the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to offer alternative medicines and therapies to reduce pain and enhance healing. For more about these therapies, call 612-863-3333 or visit allinahealth.org/pennygeorge.
- Integrative medicine is also available to infants through Children's integrative medicine program