Midwest Fetal Care Center
At the Midwest Fetal Care Center, complete care is provided to expecting moms and families when an abnormality or condition is identified in a baby before birth. From comprehensive evaluation and diagnostics, to surgery while your child is still in the womb, the Midwest Fetal Care Center addresses conditions with the highest level of expertise and technology.
The only advanced fetal care program in the Upper Midwest, the Midwest Fetal Care Center is a national leader. Our goal is to give you and your family an exceptional experience with the best possible outcome.
- We offer one of the most comprehensive approaches to fetal care in the Upper Midwest. The fetal care program is a cooperative effort between several award-winning medical institutions, with premier physicians and surgeons who treat patients from the surrounding five-state region and beyond. Meet our team leaders.
- We have some of the best outcomes. For babies who need fetal surgery, the Midwest Fetal Care Center has among the highest survival rates and the lowest rates of post-operative complications. For premature babies having surgery, we have the lowest rate of surgical complications in the nation, coupled with neonatal survival outcomes that are among the best in the country.
- We guide you through every step of your journey. In everything we do - from surgery to coordinating your appointments - our care model puts patient and family first. We work with all the specialists, nurses, social workers and others to provide seamless, coordinated care from diagnosis to treatment to after-care for mom and baby.
- We have the highest trained experts at hand. Our fetal surgeons have trained under the world-renowned fetal care surgery founders. This advanced training makes the Midwest Fetal Care Center one of only a few experienced centers in the U.S. to offer diagnosis and treatment options like in-utero fetoscopy.
- We’re recognized for our national leadership. The Midwest Fetal Care Center is part of the North American Fetal Therapy Network (NAFTNet), an association of medical centers with proven expertise in fetal surgery and other fetal services. Our fetal specialists are active in national fetal therapy associations and have been published in peer-reviewed medical journals.
- We tailor care plans to patients. All of the team members meet regularly to discuss and review patient cases. This collaboration allows us to create individual, personalized care plans for patients that foster exceptional outcomes and an unparalleled care experience.
- Our facilities are in one location. We perform our fetal interventions and surgeries at The Mother Baby Center, which combines Abbott Northwestern Hospital's fetal, labor and delivery services with Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota's neonatal program. No matter what level of care is needed, we have the best mom and baby experts in one spot.