Education and Pregnancy Resources
The Mother Baby Center supports expectant moms and families with a full array of classes and resources. We hope that you will make this special time one of discovery and learning as you prepare for the birth of your baby and the all-important role as a parent.
Beginnings: Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond
All women who plan to deliver at The Mother Baby Center receive a free copy of Beginnings: Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond. The 250-page book describes what to expect throughout pregnancy and childbirth, how to prepare for labor, and how to care for a newborn.
The same great information is available online at allinahealth.org/pregnancy.
More online and mobile tools
We've worked with our experts and partners to review and recommend these pregnancy resources for you.
- Beginnings app: Use your Apple iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®; your Android smartphone or tablet; or your Kindle Fire with the Beginnings: Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond mobile application to:
- follow baby’s kicks and movements while pregnant
- time and track contractions during labor,
- and,after baby is born, track feedings and diaper changes (new with the latest release!)
Download the free mobile application:
- Pregnancy & Parenting eMagazine: Receive the pregnancy, birth and early parenthood information that's right for you in a monthly email. Register at allinahealth.org.
- Text4Baby: Use your cellphone to receive text messages to help you before and after baby arrives. Text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411, or go to text4baby.org to sign up for this free service of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition.